Saturday 21 December 2019

Satun for one last Thai face-stuffing session

I'd passed through Satun back in 2010, jumping between Thailand and Malaysia, but hadn't had much time to see the town on that trip (my bus down had been running quite late, so I didn't arrive into town until 10pm, and caught a ferry to Langkawi at around noon the following day).

This time, I ensured I arrived in Satun earlier in the day, so I had an afternoon to wander around, then hit up the night market for dinner and evening stroll.

It's a great night market, selling tonnes of clothes, housewares, and food options. It's a real local market, geared to Thais not tourists, and all the better for it.

Steamed tinned corn, served tossed in butter, sugar or condensed milk, and topped with popping boba or other candy

Satun night market is popular with the local Thais

Need a plate?

Loads of khanom

Get your favourite meat on a stick


No comments:

Post a Comment