Monday 29 July 2019

Returning to Prachuap, nine years later

I'd spent Christmas 2010 in Prachuap Khiri Khan, and enjoyed this laid-back, non-touristy city, so as I pass passing through the area this summer, I decided I'd pay the town a return visit.

Ao Manao

It's changed a bit. There's more hotels, and a few more Western tourists. In 2010, I went to the beach at Ao Manao on a busy weekend, and was one of only three Westerners on the crowded seafront. This time, there was a small group of dreadlocked women doing yoga in bikinis on the beach (sigh) and gaggles of old white men shooting the breeze in the town.

The town has also added a touristy night market at the southern end of town, and a bike lane along the town's seafront (which is largely unuseable because of all the twats parked on it).

The town is still pretty, though.

Sunrise over the town

Very pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment