Wednesday 1 January 2020

KL, city of contrasts

I have kinda a love-hate relationship with Kuala Lumpur. 

I've been there several times for business, and several times for pleasure. I don't think I'd ever want to live there (I find much of the city too chaotic and noisy for me, and there are far too many scammers and touts that prey on tourists for me to really relax in town).

But it does have wonderful food, and tonnes of sites and neighbourhoods to explore. After several visits, I've still barely scratched the surface of all the city has to offer.

So I know I'll undoubtedly be back.

Chan She Shu Yuen Clan Ancestral Hall, at the southern end of Chinatown

The city is ever-changing; a small historical remnant in rapidly-gentrifying Kampung Baru

Lights come up over the 110-year-old Masjid Jamek, surrounded by office blocks, with Menara Kuala Lumpur rising in the background

On Jln Petaling, if memory serves, in Chinatown


No comments:

Post a Comment