Saturday 12 February 2011

Vietnam cliches

They're true.

Conical hats and pyjamas on the women.

Motorbikes transporting a 6-foot-stack of kindling, or bales of hay.

Child-sided plastic seats at the roadside stalls and small restaurants.

Cows grazing by the side of the road (my bus has already had to stop once as a herd of buffalo were crossing the highway).

The incessant noise of car and motorbike horns, completely ignored.

Mountains of fruit for sale at bus stations and by the roadside.

Locals who think it's cold as soon as the temperature drops below 30 degrees Celsius (I just saw a woman wearing a thick, fuzzy jacket and bobble hat). I'm sweating my in tshirt.

Every cliche you've ever thought, you can find it here. I kind of love Vietnam for that.

Fruit sellers at the Cai Rang floating market, near Can Tho

No comments:

Post a Comment